What are dental cleanings and exams?
Dental cleanings and exams are an important aspect of your overall oral health and lay a foundation for a long-lasting, beautiful smile. Generally performed by one of our kind dental hygienists, dental cleanings and exams allow us as a team to ensure your teeth and gums stay in optimal condition. When you come in for your initial visit, and during subsequent checkups, we will:
- Clean and polish each tooth for a natural shine
- Check each tooth for signs of decay and disease
- Perform a periodontal disease examination
- Examine existing dental restorations for repair
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Review your dental history and questions
At Rainier Dental Center, we also utilize the latest digital X-rays, including panoramic X-rays, to capture high-quality images of your teeth, gums, and jaw. We use these images to plan treatment and fully understand your smile. We also utilize intraoral cameras. Dr. Obiora E. Nkwonta, our experienced dentist, is happy to welcome new and returning patients to our office and is excited to have you as part of our dental family. To schedule your appointment and learn more about teeth cleanings in Seattle, Washington, we invite you to contact our dental office today. We hope to hear from you soon!