Gingivitis is a form of gum disease and it can threaten your oral health and your smile. Gum disease is often overlooked because it can be difficult to detect.
Luckily, our dentist, Dr. Obiora E. Nkwonta at Rainier Dental Center in Seattle, Washington, is fully trained to spot gum disease and helping you fight it. Fighting gum disease is essential to your oral health. If left ignored, you could be facing missing teeth, damaged gums, and long-term oral health problems that can be difficult to overcome.
Here are some tips on how to fight gum disease:
– Visit your dentist regularly for treatments to prevent and treat gum disease.
– Avoid lifestyle choices that promote gum disease, such as smoking and chewing tobacco.
– Stay away from oral health risks for gum disease including frequent drug use.
– A family history and genetic markers of gum disease may increase your risk.
– To help prevent gum disease, avoid products that can lead to dry mouth.
– Always make sure your mouth is clean and free of plaque buildup. You can do this by visiting your dentist for professional cleanings and remembering to brush and floss your teeth daily.
If you need help fighting gum disease, or if you would like a cleaning and examination, please call us today at 206.329.1100. Our dental team is happy to give you a consultation and review your oral health, and plan the best course of action for you and your smile. We are happy to share tips and advice about any oral health conditions you may have.